|Last Issue Subscribe NOW! Български|
The All Saints church in Rousse is orthodox. Built in 1898, it was destroyed in 1975 and restored to a new location by the end of 2012. The idea of building an Orthodox temple in Rousse (Ruschuk in the past), named "All Saints," dates back to the mid-19th century. The Bulgarian Church and People's Municipality, established in 1865, instructed the master Genko Kanchev to draw up a church plan. On April 27, 1870, the plan was ready, Metropolitan Grigory consecrated the cornerstone of the future temple, but the Turkish authorities did not allow the construction of the place chosen by the Bulgarians (the girls' school). Rousseans are forced to look for another solution and choose the Krajina Cemetery (today Park of the Revival). Soon after the Liberation, the idea of the new temple resumed, and engineer Edward Winter was commissioned to make the project. It was built on the site of the destroyed temple "All Saints". In 1993, the citizens of Rousse established a Public Council for the Restoration of the Church "All Saints". On October 29, 1998, the 100th anniversary of the death of Metropolitan Gregory was celebrated in Rousse. Bulgarian Patriarch Maxim blesses the place and places the foundation stone for the restoration of the church. Until the autumn of 2012 the building of the temple and the bell tower was built and the appearance of the church was almost finished. There are still necessary restorations to be made - to dazzle the floor, to complete the heating system, and to restore the altar in order for the divine service to be renewed. The funds were collected through a donation campaign, and for the completion of the temple, the government separately donated BGN 250,000. Russian Patriarch Kiril gave eight bells, designed by the Kremlin's senior singer, Igor Konovalov. On 10 September 2017 the temple was officially opened again and blessed personally by the Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit. (Source: bg.wikipedia.org)
Subscribers of "Business Industry Capital" as of
Bulgarian Issue: 29607, English Issue: 2898
Published by BIC Capital Market Ltd., Sofia, 16-20 Alabin Str.,
tel. (+359 2) 980-10-86, fax 981-45-67, e-mail: email@example.com, http://www.bic.bia-bg.com/
Copyright © 1999-2019. All rights reserved.